Collaborative Stage for TNM 7 - Revised 11/12/2010 [ Schema ]
CS Site-Specific Factor 10
HER2: Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization (FISH) Lab Value
- Note 1: Record the results of only the Fluorescence In Situ Hybridization (FISH) test for Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2) in this field. The test determines if there are additional copies of the HER2/neu gene in the tumor cells compared to the normal number. The results are reported as a ratio between the number of copies of the HER2/neu gene and the number of copies of chromosome 17, on which the gene resides.
- Note 2: Record the actual ratio if given. Enter the stated ratio to two decimal places. Use a trailing zero if needed.
- Note 3: The same laboratory test should be used to record information in CS Site-Specific Factors 10 and 11.
- Note 4: If the test is done but the actual ratio is not stated, use code 997.
- Note 5: If the test is not mentioned in the medical record, code to 999 unless there are circumstances under which the test isn't performed, for example no histologic specimen.
|100-979||Ratio of 1.00 - 9.79 |
(Enter exact ratio to two decimal places)
|980||Ratio of 9.80 or greater|
|981-986||OBSOLETE DATA CONVERTED V0203|
See code 980
Ratio of 9.81 - 9.86
|987||OBSOLETE DATA CONVERTED V0203|
See code 980
Ratio of 9.87 or greater
|988||Not applicable: Information not collected for this case|
(If this information is required by your standard setter, use of code 988 may result in an edit error.)
|991||Ratio of less than 1.00|
|997||Test ordered, results not in chart|
|998||Test not done (test not ordered and not performed)|
|999||Unknown or no information|
Not documented in patient record