Collaborative Stage for TNM 7 - Revised 10/31/2010 [ Schema ]
CS Site-Specific Factor 3
Clinical Status of Lymph Node Mets
- Note 1: Assign code 000 if either there is no lymph node involvement (CS Lymph Nodes is coded 000) or there are in-transit metastases or satellite nodules, but no regional lymph node involvement (CS Lymph Nodes is coded 130, 140, 150, or 154).
- Note 2: Assign code 000 if there are clinically apparent lymph node metastases but they are pathologically negative.
- Note 3: AJCC defines microscopic lymph node metastases or "micrometastases" as those which are clinically inapparent by palpation and/or imaging but are pathologically positive. Therefore, assign code 010 if lymph nodes are negative on palpation and/or imaging but are positive on pathology.
- Note 4: Assign code 010 if there is microscopic confirmation of lymph node metastases but there is no documentation of the clinical status.
- Note 5: Assign code 020 if there are clinically apparent lymph node metastases whether they are confirmed by pathology or pathology is not performed.
|000||No lymph node metastasis|
|001||OBSOLETE DATA CONVERTED V0203|
See code 010
Clinically occult (microscopic) lymph node metastases only
|002||OBSOLETE DATA CONVERTED V0203|
See code 020
Clinically apparent (macroscopic) lymph node metastases
|010||Clinically occult (microscopic) lymph node metastasis only|
|020||Clinically apparent (macroscopic) lymph node metastasis|
|988||Not applicable: Information not collected for this case|
(If this item is required by your standard setter, use of code 988 will result in an edit error.)
|999||Unknown if nodes are involved|
Unknown or no information
Not documented in patient record