Collaborative Stage Data Set - Revised 06/12/2013 FINAL
CS Site-Specific Factor 7
Nottingham or Bloom-Richardson (BR) Score/Grade
- Note 1: AJCC recommends the Nottingham combined histologic grade (Elston-Ellis modification of the Scarff-Bloom-Richardson grading system). Terms seen on pathology reports may include: Bloom-Richardson (BR), modified Bloom-Richardson, BR, BR grading, Scarff-Bloom-Richardson, SBR grading, , Elston-Ellis modification of Bloom-Richardson score, Nottingham modification of Bloom-Richardson score, Nottingham modification of Scarff-Bloom-Richardson, Nottingham-Tenovus grade, or Nottingham grade.
- Note 2: Code the highest score prior to neoadjuvant treatment.
- Note 3: Code the tumor grade using the following priority order: a). BR scores 3-9; b). BR grade (low, intermediate, high).
- Note 4: BR score may be expressed as a range, 3-9. The score is based on three morphologic features of "invasive no-special-type" breast cancers (degree of tubule formation/histologic grade, mitotic activity, nuclear pleomorphism/nuclear grade of tumor cells). If a report describes any of the factors with words (low, intermediate, high) rather than numbers, do not attempt to translate these words into a score or number; use codes 110-130.
- Note 5: If only a grade of 1 through 4 is given with no information on the score and it is unclear if it is a Nottingham or BR Grade, code 999.
- Note 6: Code the highest score prior to neoadjuvant treatment if multiple scores are reported. For examples, different scores may be reported on multiple pathology reports for the same primary cancer; different scores may be reported for multiple tumors assigned to the same primary cancer.
|030||Score of 3|
|040||Score of 4|
|050||Score of 5|
|060||Score of 6|
|070||Score of 7|
|080||Score of 8|
|090||Score of 9|
|110||Low Grade, Bloom-Richardson (BR) grade 1, score not given|
|120||Medium (Intermediate) Grade, BR grade 2, score not given|
|130||High Grade, BR grade 3, score not given|
|988||Not applicable: Information not collected for this case|
(If this information is required by your standard setter, use of code 988 may result in an edit error.)
|998||No histologic examination of primary site|
|999||Neither BR grade nor BR score given|
Unknown or no information
Not documented in patient record