Collaborative Stage Data Set - Revised 08/07/2013 FINAL
CS Site-Specific Factor 16
Post-Orchiectomy Lactate Dehydrogenase (LDH) Range
- Note 1: Of the three tumor markers, lactate dehydrogenase (LDH) is the least specific for testicular cancer and is more of a determinant of bulky or disseminated disease. Although recommended to be tested, LDH may not be routinely performed, especially if the primary is localized.
- Note 2: Record the range of the LDH test as documented in the patient record after orchiectomy and prior to further treatment.
- Note 3: If the initial post-orchiectomy LDH test remains elevated, review the subsequent tests until normalization or plateau occurs and use that test to code this field. See Part I for further explanation of serum tumor marker half life.
- Note 4: If the post-orchiectomy LDH test is unknown but the preorchiectomy LDH test was normal, use code 990.
- Note 5: If the post-orchiectomy LDH test is unavailable but a physician's statement of the result is documented, use codes 991-993.
- Note 6: For rare cases that are treated prior to orchiectomy or an orchiectomy is not performed, code the initial LDH range in this field and not in CS Site-Specific Factor 10.
|000||Within normal limits (S0)|
|010||Range 1 (S1) less than 1.5 x N |
(Less than 1.5 times the upper limit of normal for LDH)
|020||Range 2 (S2) 1.5 to 10 x N |
(Between 1.5 and 10 times the upper limit of normal for LDH)
|030||Range 3 (S3) greater than 10 x N |
(Greater than 10 times the upper limit of normal for LDH)
|988||Not applicable: Information not collected for this case|
(If this information is required by your standard setter, use of code 988 may result in an edit error.)
|990||Postorchiectomy LDH unknown but preorchiectomy LDH was normal|
|991||Postorchiectomy LDH stated to be still elevated|
|992||Postorchiectomy LDH unknown but post-orchiectomy serum tumor markers NOS stated to be normal|
|993||Postorchiectomy LDH unknown but postorchiectomy serum tumor markers NOS stated to be still elevated|
Stated as Stage IS
|997||Test ordered, results not in chart|
|998||Test not done (test not ordered and not performed)|
|999||Unknown or no information|
Not documented in patient record