Collaborative Stage for TNM 7 - Revised 12/01/2009 [ Schema ]
CS Lymph Nodes
- Note 1: The definition of TNM in AJCC 7th Edition for tumors in corpus uteri have changed from the 6th Edition and reflects the new staging adopted by the International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO). There are three schemas of FIGO Stage for cancer of corpus of uteri:
a. Carcinoma of the endometrium and carcinosarcomas
b. Leiomyosarcomas and endometrial stromal sarcomas (ESS)
Starting from AJCC 7th Edition and the new FIGO Edition, the above three types of diseases are staged separately. The table below is for carcinoma of the endometrium and carcinosarcomas only.
- Note 2: Code only regional nodes and nodes, NOS, in this field. Distant nodes are coded in the field Mets at DX.
- Note 3: If the clinician says "adnexa palpated" but doesn't mention lymph nodes, assume lymph nodes are not involved.
- Note 4: If either exploratory/definitive surgery is done with no mention of lymph nodes, assume nodes are negative.
- Note 5: Regional nodes include bilateral and contralateral involvement of named nodes.
- Note 6: When both FIGO Staging and lymph node positivity detail are available, record the code with lymph node positivity detail over the FIGO Staging. For example, in a report stating "Iliac node positive (code 100) " and FIGO Stage IIIC1 (code 160), use code 100.
- Note 7: By the definition of the AJCC 7th Edition, FIGO IIIC1 is for N1 diseases and FIGO IIIC2 is for N2 diseases.
|Code||Description||TNM 7 Map||TNM 6 Map||SS77 Map||SS2000 Map|
|000||No regional lymph node involvement||N0||N0||NONE||NONE|
|100||Regional lymph node(s):|
(see Note 2)
Middle (promontorial) (Gerota's node)
|140||Pelvic lymph node(s), NOS (see Note 2)||N1||N1||RN||RN|
|160||FIGO Stage IIIC1||N1||N1||RN||RN|
|200||Regional lymph node(s):|
|250||FIGO Stage IIIC2||N2||N1||RN||RN|
|500||FIGO Stage IIIC, NOS (see Note 7)||N1||N1||RN||RN|
|800||Regional lymph node(s), NOS||N1||N1||RN||RN|
|999||Unknown; not stated|
Regional lymph node(s) cannot be assessed
Not documented in patient record