Collaborative Stage for TNM 7 - Revised 12/31/2009 [ Schema ]
CS Site-Specific Factor 1
- Note 1: There are three schemas of FIGO Stage for cancer of corpus uteri:
a. Carcinoma of the endometrium and carcinosarcomas
b. Leiomyosarcomas and endometrial stromal sarcomas (ESS)
Starting from the FIGO 2008 Edition, the above three diseases are staged separately. The table below is for carcinoma of the endometrium and carcinosarcomas
only. Pay attention to the FIGO Stage Editions and description for cell and tumor types, disease extension, lymph node status and metastasis when coding. For example, if reported as Stage IC (tumor invades to more than one half of myometrium) or IIA (tumor invades cervix, but endocervical glandular involvement only), it indicates using of FIGO previous Edition, which now should be recorded as Stage IB and II, respectively.
- Note 2: FIGO (International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics) stage below is surgical, not clinical, staging.
- Note 3: Positive cytology has to be reported separately (see Site Specific Factor 2), which does not change the FIGO stage.
- Note 4: Use the FIGO stage as stated in the medical record. Do not attempt to code it based on T, N, and M.
- Note 5: FIGO no longer includes Stage 0 (Tis) for this schema. Please code in situ to 987 and FIGO Stage unknown to 999.
|100||FIGO Stage l|
|110||FIGO Stage lA|
|120||FIGO Stage 1B|
|200||FIGO Stage ll|
|300||FIGO Stage lll (NOT IN CHAPTER)|
|310||FIGO Stage IIIA|
|320||FIGO Stage IIIB|
|330||FIGO Stage IIIC (NOT IN CHAPTER)|
|331||FIGO Stage IIIC1|
|332||FIGO Stage IIIC2|
|400||FIGO Stage IV (NOT IN CHAPTER)|
|410||FIGO Stage IVA|
|420||FIGO Stage IVB|
|888||OBSOLETE DATA CONVERTED V0200|
See code 988.
Not applicable for this site
|987||Cancer in situ (preinvasive, noninvasive, intraepithelial)|
|988||Not applicable: Information not collected for this case|
(May include cases converted from code 888 used in CSv1 for "Not applicable" or when the item was not collected. If this item is required to derive T, N, M, or any stage, use of code 988 may result in an error.)
|999||FIGO Stage Unknown|