Collaborative Stage for TNM 7 - Revised 11/13/2009 [ Schema ]
CS Site-Specific Factor 3
Clinical Status of Lymph Node Mets
- Note 1: Assign code 000 if either there is no lymph node involvement (CS Lymph Nodes is coded 000) OR there are in-transit metastases or satellite nodules, but no regional lymph node involvement (CS Lymph Nodes is coded 130, 140 or 150).
- Note 2: Assign code 000 if there are clinically apparent lymph node metastases but they are pathologically negative.
- Note 3: AJCC defines microscopic lymph node metastases or "micrometastases" as those which are clinically inapparent by palpation and/or imaging but are pathologically positive. Therefore, assign code 001 if lymph nodes are negative on palpation and/or imaging but are positive on pathology.
- Note 4: Assign code 001 if there is microscopic confirmation of lymph node metastases but there is no documentation of the clinical status.
- Note 5: Assign code 002 if there are clinically apparent lymph node metastases whether they are confirmed by pathology or pathology is not performed.
|000||No lymph node metastases|
|001||Clinically occult (microscopic) lymph node metastases only|
|002||Clinically apparent (macroscopic) lymph node metastases|
|999||Unknown if nodes are involved|
Unknown or no information
Not documented in patient record