Collaborative Stage for TNM 7 - Revised 08/25/2009 [ Schema ]
CS Site-Specific Factor 9
Extracapsular Extension Pathologically, Lymph Nodes for Head and Neck
- Note 1: Code the status of extracapsular extension assessed pathologically of any involved regional lymph node(s) coded in the CS Lymph Nodes field. Do not code extracapsular extension in any nodes coded in CS Mets at DX in this field.
- Note 2: If nodes are involved pathologically but there is no statement of extranodal extension in the pathology report, use code 010.
- Note 3: Code "microscopic" or "macroscropic" extranodal extension as stated in the final diagnosis. If not stated in the final diagnosis, code "microscopic" if extranodal extension is described only in the microscopic section of the pathology report and "macroscopic" if extranodal extension is described in the gross section of the pathology report.
- Note 4: "Macroscopic" extension takes priority over "microscopic" extension.
- Note 5: Use code 040 if pathologic extracapsular extension is described with no further information and the pathology report is not available for review.
- Note 6: Use code 050 if nodes involved pathologically with no further information about extracapsular extension.
|000||No lymph nodes involved pathologically|
|010||Nodes involved pathologically, no extracapsular extension pathologically|
|020||Nodes involved pathologically, MICROSCOPIC extracapsular extension pathologically|
|030||Nodes involved pathologically, MACROSCOPIC extracapsular extension pathologically|
|040||Nodes involved pathologically, extracapsular extension pathologically, unknown if microscopic or macroscopic|
|050||Nodes involved pathologically, unknown if extracapsular extension|
Information not collected for this case
|997||Pathologic examination of lymph nodes performed, results not available|
|998||No pathologic examination of lymph nodes|
|999||Unknown if regional lymph node(s) involved pathologically, not stated|