Collaborative Stage for TNM 7 - Revised 01/17/2010 [ Schema ]
CS Site-Specific Factor 3
Clinical Status of Lymph Node Mets
- Note 1: Assign code 000 if either there is no lymph node involvement (CS Lymph Nodes is coded 000) OR there are in-transit metastases, but no regional lymph node involvement (CS Lymph Nodes is coded 400).
- Note 2: Assign code 000 if there are clinically apparent lymph node metastases but they are pathologically negative.
- Note 3: AJCC defines microscopic lymph node metastases or "micrometastases" as those which are clinically inapparent by palpation and/or imaging but are pathologically positive. Therefore, assign code 010 if lymph nodes are negative on palpation and/or imaging but are positive on pathology.
- Note 4: Assign code 010 if there is microscopic confirmation of lymph node metastases but there is no documentation of the clinical status.
- Note 5: Assign code 020 if there are clinically apparent lymph node metastases whether they are confirmed by pathology or pathology is not performed.
|000||No lymph node metastases|
In-transit metastases WITHOUT regional lymph node involvement
|010||Clinically occult lymph node metastases only (micrometastases)|
|020||Clinically apparent lymph node metastases (macrometastases)|
|888||OBSOLETE DATA CONVERTED V0200|
See code 988
Not applicable for this schema
|988||Not applicable: Information not collected for this case|
(May include cases converted from code 888 used in CSv1 for "Not applicable" or when the item was not collected.
If this item is required to derive T, N, M, or any stage, use of code 988 may result in an error.
|999||Unknown if regional lymph nodes involved|
Not documented in patient record