Collaborative Stage Data Set - Revised 05/21/2013 FINAL
CS Site-Specific Factor 2
Systemic Symptoms at Diagnosis
- Note 1: Each stage should be classified as either A or B according to the absence or presence of defined constitutional symptoms, such as:
1. Fevers: Unexplained fever with temperature above 38 degrees C;
2. Night sweats: Drenching sweats that require change of bedclothes;
3. Weight loss: Unexplained weight loss of more than 10% of the usual body weight in the 6 months prior to diagnosis.
- Note 2: Pruritus alone does not qualify for B classification, nor does alcohol intolerance, fatigue, or a short, febrile illness associated with suspected infections.
- Note 3: Use code 000 if the History and Physical, progress notes, or consultations make no mention of B symptoms.
|000||No B symptoms (asymptomatic)||A|
|010||Any B symptom(s):|
Unexplained fever (above 38 degrees C)
Unexplained weight loss (generally greater than 10% of body weight
in the six months before admission)
B symptoms, NOS
|020||Pruritis (recurrent and unexplained)||A|
|030||020 + 010|
Pruritis plus any B symptom(s)
|988||Not applicable: Information not collected for this case|
(If this item is required by your standard setter, use of code 988 will result in an edit error.)
|999||Unknown or no information|
Not documented in patient record