Collaborative Stage Data Set - Revised 04/25/2013 FINAL
CS Site-Specific Factor 2
Serum Chromogranin A (CgA) Lab Value
- Note 1: Chromogranins are a family of proteins in secretory granules found throughout the neuroendocrine system. Serum Chromogranin A (CgA) has been shown to be a useful marker for neuroendocrine tumors.
- Note 2: Record, to the nearest nanogram/milliliter (ng/ml), the highest CgA lab value documented in the medical record prior to treatment. For example, a pretreatment CgA of 400 ng/ml would be recorded as 400.
- Note 3: Code 000 is reserved for exactly 0 ng/ml (no measurable amount of CgA). Do not round tiny values down to 0 ng/ml; any measured value less than or equal to 1 ng/ml should be coded 001. For code 001, also round 1.1-1.4 ng/ml down to 1 ng/ml. For codes 002-980, round values to the nearest ng/ml.
- Note 4: Use code 997 if there is no actual pretreatment CgA lab value available but an interpretation of the test result is stated.
- Note 5: Although CgA is generally a marker for neuroendocrine tumors, if a pretreatment CgA lab value is available for a non-endocrine tumor, code the value. If a pretreament CgA lab value is not available (endocrine or non-endocrine tumor), code 999.
|000||0 nanogram/milliliter (ng/ml)|
|001||1 or less ng/ml |
Stated as less than 1 ng/ml with no exact value
(Exact value to nearest ng/ml)
|980||980 or greater ng/ml|
|988||Not applicable: Information not collected for this case|
(May include cases converted from code 888 used in CSv1 for "Not applicable" or when the item was not collected. If this item is required to derive T, N, M, or any stage, use of code 988 may result in an error.)
|997||Test ordered, results not in chart|
|998||Test not done (test not ordered and not performed)|
|999||Unknown or no information|
Not documented in patient record