Collaborative Stage Data Set - Revised 05/23/2013 FINAL
CS Site-Specific Factor 3
Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA) Lab Value
- Note 1: CEA is a tumor marker that has value in the management of certain malignancies.
- Note 2: The same laboratory test should be used to record information in CS Site-Specific Factors 1 and 3.
- Note 3: Record to the nearest tenth in nanograms/milliliter (ng/ml) the highest CEA lab value documented in the medical record prior to treatment. For example, code a pretreatment CEA of 7 ng/ml as 070.
- Note 4: Code 000 is reserved for exactly 0.0 ng/ml (no measurable amount of CEA). Do not round tiny values down to 0.0 ng/ml; any measured value less than or equal to 0.1 ng/ml should be coded 001. For code 001, also round 0.11-0.14 ng/ml down to 0.1 ng/ml. For codes 002-980, round values to the nearest tenth of a ng/ml.
- Note 5: For an uncertain value, record the stated closest value. For example, code a value stated as "less than 0.5 ng/ml" as 005.
|000||0.0 nanograms/milliliter (ng/ml) exactly|
|001||0.1 or less ng/ml|
Stated as less than 0.1 ng/ml with no exact value
(Exact value to nearest tenth in ng/ml)
|980||98.0 or greater ng/ml|
|988||Not applicable: Information not collected for this case|
(May include cases converted from code 888 used in CSv1 for "Not applicable" or when the item was not collected. If this item is required to derive T, N, M, or any stage, use of code 988 may result in an error.)
|997||Test ordered, results not in chart|
|998||Test not done (test not ordered and not performed)|
|999||Unknown or no information|
Not documented in patient record