Collaborative Stage Data Set - Revised 08/07/2013 FINAL
CS Site-Specific Factor 14
Carcinoembryonic Antigen (CEA) Lab Value
- Note 1: Carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) is a tumor marker that has value in the management of certain malignancies.
- Note 2: The same laboratory test should be used to record information in CS Site-Specific Factors 13 and 14.
- Note 3: Record, to the nearest tenth of a nanogram/milliliter (ng/ml), the highest CEA lab value documented in the medical record prior to treatment. For example, a pretreatment CEA of 7 ng/ml would be recorded as 070.
- Note 4: Code 000 is reserved for exactly 0.0 ng/ml (no measurable amount of CEA). Do not round tiny values down to 0.0 ng/ml; any measured value less than or equal to 0.1 ng/ml should be coded 001. For code 001, also round 0.11-0.14 ng/ml down to 0.1 ng/ml. For codes 002-980, round values to the nearest tenth of a ng/ml.
- Note 5: For an uncertain value, record the stated closest value. For example, code a value stated as "less than 0.5 ng/ml" as 005.
|000||0.0 nanograms/milliliter (ng/ml) exactly|
|001||0.1 or less ng/ml|
Stated as less than 0.1 ng/ml with no exact value
|002-979||0.2 - 97 .9 ng/ml|
(Exact value to nearest tenth in ng/ml)
|980||98.0 or greater ng/ml|
|988||Not applicable: Information not collected for this case|
(If this information is required by your standard setter, use of code 988 may result in an edit error.)
|997||Tests ordered, results not in chart|
|998||Test not done (test not ordered and not performed)|
|999||Unknown or no information|
Not documented in patient record