Collaborative Stage Data Set - Revised 08/07/2013 FINAL
CS Site-Specific Factor 15
Post-Orchiectomy Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) Range
- Note 1: Record the range of the human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) test as documented in the patient record after orchiectomy and prior to further treatment.
- Note 2: Use the same laboratory test to record values in CS Site-Specific Factors 14 and 15.
- Note 3: A lab value expressed in International Units/liter (IU/L) is equivalent to the same value expressed in milli-International Units/milliliter (mIU/ml).
- Note 4: If the initial post-orchiectomy hCG test remains elevated, review the subsequent tests until normalization or plateau occurs and use that test to code this field. See Part I for further explanation of serum tumor marker half life.
- Note 5: If the post-orchiectomy hCG test is unknown but the preorchiectomy hCG test was normal, use code 990.
- Note 6: If the post-orchiectomy hCG test is unavailable but a physician's statement of the result is documented, use codes 991-993.
- Note 7: For rare cases that are treated prior to orchiectomy or an orchiectomy is not performed, code the initial hCG range in this field and not in CS Site-Specific Factor 9.
|000||Within normal limits (S0)|
|010||Range 1 (S1) above normal and less than 5,000 milli-International Units/milliliter (mIU/ml)|
|020||Range 2 (S2) 5,000 - 50,000 mIU/ml|
|030||Range 3 (S3) greater than 50,000 mIU/ml|
|988||Not applicable: Information not collected for this case|
(If this information is required by your standard setter, use of code 988 may result in an edit error.)
|990||Post-orchiectomy human chorionic gonadotropic (hCG) unknown but preorchiectomy hCG was normal|
|991||Post-orchiectomy hCG stated to be still elevated|
|992||Post-orchiectomy hCG unknown but post-orchiectomy serum tumor markers NOS stated to be normal|
|993||Post-orchiectomy hCG unknown but post-orchiectomy serum tumor markers NOS stated to be still elevated|
Stated as Stage IS
|997||Test ordered, results not in chart|
|998||Test not done (test not ordered and not performed)|
|999||Unknown or no information|
Not documented in patient record